While I’m out in New York at BlogHer ’12 this week, I’m leaving you with a couple of lists reviewing some of my favorite everyday dinners (and yours!).
I do love a salad, especially in the summer. And over the years, John has grown to appreciate a good salad, too. Especially when it’s all there is for dinner! haha. For the kids, we usually separate all the ingredients and they eat salads, too. Kate is 9 and starting to eat them like we do, though. You know I’m a firm believer that everyone in the family eats the same meal (or at least a version of it)!
5. Lemon Parmesan Kale Salad. This one made the list because it is extremely healthy and surprisingly delicious. If you aren’t eating kale yet, this is a great way to start.
4. Southwest Chicken Salad. Basically taco salad. Nothing wrong with that! It’s great for a quick weeknight meal because it uses rotisserie chicken.
3. Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. Iceberg lettuce is underrated.
2. Summer Panzanella. A salad that is mostly bread? Um, yes.
1. Caprese Salad. My favorite salad. Ever. When tomatoes are perfect, there is nothing better. And it’s so simple it doesn’t even require a recipe.